Release 3.1: June 9, 1998
This release provides several new features.
• Standard-conforming string and bitset classes, and the standard exception hierarchy.
• Standard-conforming allocators, including the default allocator class allocator
• Algorithmic improvements in search.
• All sequences now support the resize and assign member functions. All sequences now properly support overloaded insert member functions and constructors in the presence of member templates.
• Bug fixes in rope, and minor bug fixes elsewhere. Minor changes for standard conformance.
• Standard-conforming auto_ptr class.
• Internal names, such as names of function and template parameters, have been changed so that they cannot conflict with user names (including user macros).